Australian youth are facing challenges that are escalating and chipping away at their personal identity, limiting their ability to realise and maximise their potential.
- Youth suicide is the number 1 killer of young Australians
- 1 in 6 kids (7 - 15 yrs) has been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder
- 1 teenager in every classroom has a gambling addiction
- 1 in 4 leave the education system prematurely
- 50% increase in hospital admissions because of children self-harming between 2010 and 2015.
- 1 in 5 kids have deliberately sniffed inhalants (12 - 17 yrs)
- 38% of adolescents consume alcohol weekly (14+ yrs)
- 1 in 4 young Australians leave the education system prematurely
- 50% of teenagers experience cyber bullying
- 1 in 4 kids are overweight or obese (5 - 17 yrs)
- 36,000 criminal offences by young Australians (10 - 17 yrs) in Melbourne in the last 12 months.
These statistics are not improving and something needs to change!
LifeChanger helps youth build their personal identity and develop the 'toolkit' to face challenges that life will present.
What we do
BUILDING A HEALTHY PERSONAL IDENTITY
LifeChanger addresses the challenges and realities young people face every single day.
Mental illness, youth suicide, unemployment, gambling, drugs, alcohol, body-image, inappropriate media consumption and bullying all threaten the development of youth.
The LifeChanger toolkit develops the key factors that contribute to adolescents building a healthy personal identity.
LifeChanger envisions a world where every young Australian has the life toolkit needed to...
- live their best life
- maximise every opportunity
- navigate life's challenges
encourage, support and inspire
LifeChanger is cross-communal and multi-platformed, encompassing sports, arts, politics, media, science, technology and business, there is something for everyone.
We support and encourage through storytelling, real experiences, interactive support forums, scholarships and mentoring programs, that are connective, real and inspiring.
LifeChanger is proud to be recognised as a Tier 1 DGR Status Charity.